Full time position at ZEPPELIN Inc. Tokyo, Japan
Chief Financial Officer
ZEPPELIN is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our partners and the organization. You'll work alongside innovative individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Chief Financial Officer to join our ZEPPELIN Crew in Tokyo, Japan. We welcome forward-thinking, results-oriented planners, who can identify with Digital Innovation and related disciplines. You will channel your financial expertise into a strategic leadership role to establish financial success for the company and its stakeholders. You will be responsible for managing finances, shaping investment strategies as well as overlooking prospective business ventures. This role is dedicated for bilingual candidates with international exposure and global perspectives.
[Role and Responsibilities]
Plan, implement, manage and govern all financial activities of ZEPPELIN. Direct and oversee accounting, finance, reporting, forecasting, strategic planning, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance. Assist in formulating the company's future direction and support tactical initiatives. This candidate brings at least 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in ICT companies. As a seasoned strategist he/she not only understands current accounting practices and trends, but has proven experience raising capital and adapting to change.
Additional experience might include:
● Proven success as the CFO in an entrepreneurial environment
● Understanding of advanced accounting, regulatory issues, and tax planning
● Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
● Working knowledge of raising capital beyond traditional lines of credit
● Performing risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and
● Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations
● Effectively and clearly communicate potential risks in a timely manner
● Propose action plans to ensure that annual financial objectives are attained
● Experience with mergers and acquisitions and investor relations
● Proven experience building, mentoring, motivating and leading high
performance teams and attracting and retaining top talent
● Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
● Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (in both Japanese and
● Excellent time management and planning skills
● Proven negotiation skills (including ability to resolve disputes)
● Direct experience in preparation for an IPO would be a plus
● Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant fields
● Native level of Japanese and fluency in English is required
If you would like to learn more about our organization and culture have a look at our website. In addition follow us on Instagramand Twitter. We also publish a light novel about Japanese work culture and why we're different.