Software Engineer, iOS
Full time position at ZEPPELIN Inc. Tokyo, Japan
FEELIT is a fast, simple and fun way to share videos with anyone in the world. It is a mobile broadcasting platform for creating video experiences of your favorite moments and share them with your friends and family anytime and anywhere with no effort.
Join a small diverse team of engineers in a design-driven company, where you’ll have instant impact from day one. ZEPPELIN Inc. has an open culture and flat organization; crew members (ZEPPELIN employees) have transcended hierarchy and titles. Every crew member is literally sitting a few steps away from the founders.
As a member of the engineering team you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. If you love writing code, hate tons of meetings, then come talk to us.
- Your Resume
- Let us know how you’d be a great fit for our team
If you contribute to Open Source, or write a blog, or have a web presence (Github, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) we’d love to hear about it.
- Own the entire lifecycle of FEELIT, from design through implementation to launch
- Build on top of the latest iOS technologies and frameworks to create awesome new features of our growing number of users.
- Analyze and optimize UI and backend application code for efficiency and performance
- Work closely with our closed beta testers and community managers to fix bugs and improve the user experience.
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E, BEngg.) or Bachelor of Science (B.S, B.Sci). in Computer Science or Software Engineering related field
- 5+ years building complex applications for iPhone using Objective-C/Swift with Apple iOS frameworks
- Ability to work independently and implement product features from start to finish
- Experience with multi-threaded programming using Grand Central Dispatch
- Experience in these frameworks: Core Data, Core Animation, AV Foundation
- Experience with TDD, Behaviour / UI testing, A/B testing and, Continuous Integration (CI)
- Working experience with TCP/IP sockets, networking and messaging protocols
- Knowledge of Firebase, and Firebase Analytics
- Knowledge of video streaming, compression, encoding and decoding
- Knowledge of iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- Fluency in English