日英通訳 / Language interpreter
Full time position at ZEPPELIN Inc. Tokyo, Japan
Language tutor and interpreter (Japanese/English)
ZEPPELIN is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our partners and the organization. You'll work alongside innovative individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism.
We are looking for an experienced and open-minded interpreter/translator to join our team in Tokyo, Japan. Our ideal candidate has an experience in interpreting, translating as well as teaching English to Japanese students. ZEPPELIN has created unique and diverse environment that gathers Crew members from different geographies and backgrounds. Our ambition is to enable English as our primary conversation language within the organization.
Your mission is to maximize our linguistic capabilities and bridge the communication gap between Japanese and English speaking employees. You will nurture Japanese speaking Crew and contribute to improving English skills among team members.
[Role and Responsibilities]
● Interpret Japanese to English, English to Japanese during company internal gatherings and events
● Participate and support for Japanese based business meetings with ZEPPELIN partners
● Two-way translation of PR contents, articles and internal documents
● Conduct regular English lessons for Japanese Crew at various competence
levels (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced) in order to maximize our speaking,
listening, reading and writing skills
● Support for non-Japanese members on a daily basis
● 5+ years of interpreter/translator or English teacher experience (experience in both areas would be ideal)
● Written, verbal communication and reading skills in both Japanese and English (Business Level or higher)
● Thorough understanding of Japanese cultural aspects
● Comprehensive experience in interpreting/translating wide range of topics
including technology, design, marketing, etc.
● Familiarity with interpreting protocol (theory, skills and techniques)
● Established and mature pedagogical approaches supported by ability to
encourage and motivate students
● Pro-active attitude and positive mindset
● Careful supporter who can create comfortable learning environment for the
Crew so they can express freely and improve rapidly
● Willingness and comfort to switch between tasks within given role
● Exceptional prioritisation and time-management skills
● A degree in teaching and global exposure would be a plus
If you would like to learn more about our organization and culture have a look at our website. In addition follow us on Instagramand Twitter. We also publish a light novel about Japanese work culture and why we're different.